What to expect at Life Works
At Life Works, we are able to provide bespoke treatment for a range of addictions, eating disorders and co-occurring mental health problems. Acknowledging that you are struggling with an addiction, eating disorder or co-occurring depression/anxiety, and seeking the support that you need, can be a daunting step. At Life Works, we are committed to making this process as smooth as possible, in order to allow you to enter treatment quickly and seamlessly. You can find out more about this process on our accessing treatment page.
What can I expect when I enter treatment?
Once you have taken this initial step, you will be ready to commence with world class treatment, all delivered by our highly qualified team, in a safe and homely environment.
Treatment programmes at Life Works
Most of the treatment that we deliver at Life Works takes place on an inpatient basis, which means that you will stay with us on a residential basis for a certain amount of time (usually 28 days), to receive comprehensive therapy, support and monitoring. We also offer day care and outpatient treatment for our eating disorder clients, which offer a step-down in treatment intensity for individuals who do not require round-the-clock support. You can find out more about these different treatment options by clicking on the links below:
Therapy formats at Life Works
As well as offering treatment on a residential, day care or outpatient basis, we also provide a range of different therapy formats to our clients, depending upon your specific needs. These include:
- 1:1 therapy, which takes place on an individual basis between our clients and one of our specialists
- Group therapy, which takes place in a wider group of addiction or eating disorder clients
- Family therapy, which takes place between our clients and their immediate family or loved ones
For more information on the therapy formats that we can provide at Life Works, please visit our treatment methods page.
Therapy types at Life Works
Our specialist team of addiction, eating disorder and mental health experts are experienced in using a wide array of evidence-based therapeutic techniques. The type and combination of therapeutic methods that are used depend on your unique needs, and the nature of the problems that you’re facing. These include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) informed groups
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) informed groups
- Art informed therapy
- Drama therapy
We also offer a range of interventions, designed specifically for our eating disorder clients:
- The Maudsley Model of Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA)
- Body image/acceptance groups
- Drama and movement groups
- Understanding emotions groups
- Relapse prevention groups
- Meal and post-meal support
- Weekly shopping groups
- Weekly cooking groups
- Weekly psycho-educational groups
- Cognitive remedial therapy
We also provide access to various support groups, as well as offering a high quality family programme and a comprehensive aftercare offering to those who have completed the addiction treatment programme. We are also able to offer the following additional specialised support at Life Works:
- Medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for alcohol and drug addictions
- Assess and stabilisation programme
- Intervention support
- General psychiatry clinical assessments
This page was reviewed by Steve Clarke, Hospital Director, (MSc, NCFED) in 2019 and is scheduled to be reviewed again in 2021.
Call our Enquiry Line
Book a Free Confidential Assessment with a Life Works specialist today.
For more information about the services that Life Works offer, download our brochure.Get our brochure