We are pleased to offer online aftercare for all clients who have completed our 28-day addiction treatment programme or our inpatient eating disorder treatment programme. This is available free of charge for 12 months following treatment.
Going home following treatment can be one of the most difficult points in your recovery. When you are in residential treatment, overcoming problems or concerns can be less daunting due to the fact that you’re receiving 24-hour support and monitoring by an expert team. However, returning home to the situations that may have triggered your addiction or eating disorder, and having to deal with any challenges on your own, can be overwhelming.
Aftercare is an essential element of any care plan and we are committed to ensuring that you complete your treatment programme with support in place to continue your recovery. Before completing treatment, you will also complete a relapse prevention plan.
Upon leaving treatment, we strongly advise all of our clients to follow these detailed plans, which may include elements such as follow-up treatment, ongoing therapy and attending fellowship meetings. Each plan is specifically designed to promote continuous recovery and as far as possible, provide a seamless transition between Life Works and whatever the next move happens to be.
Our online aftercare offering consists of a weekly meeting, held via Zoom. The meeting will take place on Tuesday afternoons for 1 hour. You are encouraged to join as many aftercare sessions as possible, to help with your ongoing recovery.
During treatment, you are actively encouraged to attend fellowship meetings and this doesn’t stop once you have left treatment. We recommend that you continue to attend these meetings in your local area, when you have finished treatment with us. To find your nearest fellowship meeting, you can visit the following websites:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – AA Meetings | Alcoholics Anonymous - Great Britain (alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) - Welcome | UKNA Meetings | Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in the United Kingdom
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA) - Gamblers Anonymous England, Wales and Ulster
- Co-Dependents Anonymous (CoDA) - Meetings Archive – Co-Dependents Anonymous UK (codauk.org)
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA) - L.A.A. Meeting Finder – Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (S.L.A.A.) (slaafws.org)
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA) - Meetings - Sex Addicts Anonymous SAA (saauk.info)
- Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous (ABA) - Meeting Listings – ABA (aba12steps.org)
Call our Enquiry Line
Book a Free Confidential Assessment with Life Works today.
For more information about the services that Life Works offer, download our brochure.Get our brochure