GP and Referrers Process
At Life Works, we are dedicated to providing a premium service, not just to our clients, but also to our wide network of referrer colleagues. Our expert team are here to guide you through the referral process, ensuring that we can offer your clients a seamless transition to world class addiction and eating disorder care, and demonstrate positive outcomes.
We pride ourselves on fostering excellent referrer relationships and have a dedicated admissions team, who will work with you to guarantee that the referral and treatment process is appropriate for you and for your client’s individual needs.
How to refer into Life Works
We are dedicated to ensuring that the process for referring your clients to Life Works is as smooth and straightforward as possible. The Life Works referral and admissions process typically consists of the following steps:
- Referrer telephones our admissions team on 0800 081 0700 to start the referral process
- Following this initial call, our expert team will review your client’s details and determine whether Life Works can offer them the support that they need
- Your client will be invited to attend a psychiatric assessment in order to assess their suitability for our treatment programmes. Included here for eating disorder clients, will be a dietetic assessment, and if needed, a therapy assessment, both of which will be free of charge
- If your client is deemed as being suitable for admission, our team at Life Works will start to make all of the appropriate arrangements, including administration, finance, travel and logistics
- Your client is admitted to Life Works and commences with treatment
While we would prefer to receive a GP referral when a client enters our services, this isn’t essential. However, we do ask that all clients provide their GP’s contact details upon entry to treatment so that we can:
- Contact you in the event that the client requires medication, or is a risk to themselves and/or others
- Keep you informed of the client’s treatment and progress, with the client's consent
Our team understand the importance of keeping you informed throughout your client’s treatment journey. With your client’s permission, we ensure that you are provided with information on their condition, the recommended treatment programme that they are due to commence with, ongoing clinical updates during their stay at Life Works and a comprehensive report upon completion of their treatment.
We are always delighted to welcome visiting GPs and other referrers to Life Works. If you would like to meet with us in person and learn more about the services provided by Life Works, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 081 0700.
What your client can expect from Life Works
If your client is referred to Life Works, they can be assured that they will benefit from high levels of clinical excellence, delivered by some of the most respected addiction and eating disorder experts in the world. Our specialist team will assess each individual’s needs and develop a tailored programme that allows them to move along their care pathway and meet their individual treatment goals. Our compassionate and non-judgemental approach is highly conducive to long-lasting recovery, guaranteeing the best possible outcomes for each and every one of our clients.
Let us refer into you!
At Life Works, we receive many calls from individuals and their family or friends seeking help and unfortunately, we are unable to help every caller. However, we would like to ensure that each individual gets the most appropriate support and help available to them.
As such, we would be grateful to have information about your practice and expertise, allowing us to make appropriate onward referrals wherever possible. Whenever we do make referrals, we will also ensure that we provide you with as much detail as possible.
Call our Enquiry Line